November is STEM Month! Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington is excited to celebrate STEM all month long with 13 different STEM-specific events. From programming robots to discovering what's on the seafloor, there is so much for you to explore! Check out these STEM events coming up in November:
This STEM Month we're introducing the brand-new STEAM Challenge patch! This year-long STEAM adventure introduces a different topic each month that helps Girl Scouts identify the STEAM in their everyday life. Girls might engineer a castle from cookie boxes, watch their own mini garden grow, or even cook some caramel! Throughout the year, girls will also use STEAM to help out their community through a project that interests them. Check out the STEAM Challenge patch program!
STEM Day is generously sponsored by First Tech Federal Credit Union.
You're invited to celebrate STEM with us on November 12 from 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the Willamette Heritage Center for our annual STEM Day event!
Discover science, technology, engineering, and math at expo-style booths hosted by partners such as the South Santiam Watershed Council, the Marion Polk Food Share, the Architecture Foundation of Oregon, the Portland FBI, and many more. Sign up today for just $8—registration includes a new STEM Day fun patch!
Investigate STEM through hands-on activities guided by local STEM experts and your fellow Girl Scouts:
- Learn some methods to handle stress and discuss mental health with Salem Health Outreach.
- Build and design your own stream system with the Middle Fork Willamette Watershed Council.
- Dive down to discover the ocean floor with OSU Marine GEO Repository.
- Uncover the unique lifestyles and adaptations of local Salmon with Salmon Watch.
- Investigate criminal justice careers with the Portland FBI.
- Explore fire science and safety with Keep Oregon Green.
- Play a fun game while learning about math with Mathnasium of Salem.
- Check out some out of this world science with OSU’s Astronomy Club.
- Get gardening with the Marion Polk Food Share.
- Take on an engineering challenge and then check out a robot with Chemeketa Community College.
- And so much MORE!
All Girl Scouts will earn their STEM Career Exploration badge by participating in STEM Day! (Badge purchased separately.)
This exciting STEM Day expo is open to current Girl Scouts and non-members, friends and family—so invite a friend or two to join you! Registration is $8 per person and includes:
- All activities
- Admission to the Willamette Heritage Center
- A special STEM Day fun patch (youth participants only)
STEM Day registration closes November 6, 2022, so don’t delay—sign