The safety of our girls is of utmost importance, so GSOSW members who plan to volunteer in the following capacities must complete a background check:
- Any person who will have direct contact with girls.
- Any volunteer with financial responsibility.
- All service team members.
Additionally, all persons 18 years or older who reside at a residence where meetings or events occur must have a current GSOSW background check.
Not a current member of Girl Scouts? Start here to join Girl Scouts and submit your background check! If you are a current member in need of your first background check or if you're renewing an expiring background check, read on!
How to Complete Your Background Check
STEP 1: Write down this code before you begin: gsosw1912
STEP 2: Review the following information.
- The background check takes at least one week to process.
- You will not be able to view the results of your completed background check. This portal only lets you enter information. Read the background check Q&A for more information.
- You must complete a background check every three years. If you have questions regarding when to renew your background check, please contact email@example.com.
STEP 3: Have the password? Great! Let's begin your background check.
Have a question? We're here to help! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.