We’re excited to share the news that event and training registration is getting easier! Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington is one of just six pilot councils launching the new “Activities” registration process. With this improvement, you will no longer need to log in to two separate sites to manage your individual, family or troop memberships and register for events and trainings – you can do it all through the Activities tabs on the Girl Scout Member Community (MyGS)!
In addition to a more convenient sign-in process, Activities will bring several other benefits for troop leaders:
- More robust event information. When browsing the Events list on our website, prices and details on whether an event is full or cancelled will be easily visible without having to login to your MyGS account.
- Registration isn’t final until the payment stage. You can cancel your registration at any time prior to the payment stage – you no longer need to call GSOSW to do so! (After the payment stage, you will still need to contact GSOSW for support with cancellations. We’re happy to help!)
- Detailed, itemized receipts can be printed or emailed to parents or troop leaders at checkout, making financial records a breeze! Emergency contact and buddy information, where applicable, will also be included in the itemized receipt.
- Troop leaders now have the ability to register troops for any event that has a deposit. In the past, troops had to submit paper registrations for events with a deposit – now you can do it all quickly and easily through MyGS! (NOTE: Resident camp will be managed through a separate system.)
- Partial payments can be made online. For events offering deferred payment options, payments can now be made online through MyGS by parents or troop leaders.
- If you are using the Volunteer Toolkit, Activities and all their details can be populated into your Year-Plan, making planning for upcoming events even easier!
Activities will replace the Personify registration system, and will go live on February 22. As we prepare for this change, here are some key dates to keep in mind:
Right Away: You’ll notice new “Activities” and “My Activities” tabs when you log in to MyGS. For now, these tabs will be placeholders redirecting you to the Events page on our website until Monday, February 22 when Activities goes live. After that date, you’ll be able to browse and register for events and trainings through the “Activities” tab, and view and manage activities that you and your Girl Scouts are registered for from the “My Activities” tab. For those who like to use our website’s Events listing and/or Calendar pages, great news – they’ll still be available!
Friday, February 19: Personify will no longer be available. If there is information that you wish to retain from Personify, please be sure to log in and retrieve it before Friday, February 19, as you will be unable to access Personify after that time.
Monday, February 22 (afternoon): Activities goes live! This transition should take place sometime in the afternoon on February 22. Your patience is appreciated as the change takes effect!
We are thrilled about this improvement, and hope you will be, too! Step-by-step tutorials and videos will be available soon to help familiarize you with the new process. If you have questions or need support with the new Activities tabs, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-338-5248. We’re here to help!