Girl Scout Juliettes
What are Girl Scout Juliettes?
Juliettes are busy, independent, self-confident girls and young women who want to be a part of something larger, Girl Scouts! Juliettes want to participate when they can and however they want. Juliettes can customize their entire Girl Scout experience, finding badges and activities that match their unique interests.
Girl Scout troops are just one way to be a part of Girl Scouts, but it's not the only way! With the guidance of an adult mentor, Juliettes participate in a way that fits their schedule!
If there aren't any open troops in your area, or if your girl was in a Girl Scout troop and your troop has disbanded, Girl Scout Juliettes is a great way to continue the Girl Scout adventure.
Who are Girl Scout Juliettes?
All girls in grades K-12 can be Girl Scout Juliettes! To provide girls with age appropriate programming, Girl Scouts has 6 levels:
- Daisy (Kindergarten-1st grade)
- Brownie (2nd-3rd grade)
- Junior (4th-5th grade)
- Cadette (6th, 7th and 8th grade)
- Senior (9th-10th grade)
- Ambassador (11th-12th grade)
What do Girl Scout Juliettes wear?
Juliettes wear Girl Scouts uniforms (tunics, sashes and vest) that display earned badges and fun patches, and you'll see Girl Scouts wearing their uniforms out in your community, while participating in fun activities, like seasonal parades and events, and doing service projects!
What do Girl Scout Juliettes do?
Girl Scouts can do what interests them!
- Complete Girl Scout Journeys + Badges
- Girls can choose from three different Journey books at each program grade level. Journeys guide girls towards becoming a leader in their community. Juliette’s can also earn badges, which include a variety of skill-building activities, many of which complement the Journeys.
- Attend Girl Scout Events + Activities
- Juliettes can meet other girls in their area while completing Journeys, earning badges, or learning more about the outdoors at council-sponsored events. Service Units also offer many events and service opportunities, which are great for Juliette’s to meet other Girl Scouts in their area.
- Help Others Through Community Service
- Juliettes can participate in activities or by doing badges on their own or with their Girl Scout community to carry out this Girl Scout tradition. Juliette’s can also pass along what they’ve learned, gain leadership skills, and earn special mentoring awards by helping younger Girl Scouts at troop meetings, events, camp, and more.
- Participate in Entrepreneurship Programs (like the Fall Product Program and the Cookie Program!)
- Juliettes can fund their Girl Scout activities while learning great business skills including goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills, and business ethics.
- Earn Girl Scout Highest Awards
- Juliettes can make sustainable and long-lasting change for the better in their communities and earn Bronze, Silver, and Gold awards.
- Travel with Girl Scout Destinations
- Juliettes can experience leadership opportunities and cross-cultural understanding through regional, national, and international travel.
Why should my girl become a Girl Scout Juliette?
There are many advantages to participating in Girl Scouts as a Juliette. Juliettes:
- gain leadership experience;
- have the opportunity to participate individually, so they can tailor their experience to exactly what interests them;
- can participate when they have time, especially for girls with busy schedules full of lots of fun other activities and commitments; and
- serve their community through individual community service projects and Take Action projects.
How much does it cost to join?
Girl Scouts annual membership fee is $25 and the membership year is October 1 to September 30.
How do I register my girl to become a Girl Scout Juliettes?
Register your girl today to join Girl Scouts and become a Girl Scout Juliette! On the Ways to Participate page during registration, press search and choose the Individually Registered Member option.