As our community works together to stop the spread of Coronavirus by practicing social distancing, there are a TON of fun and educational Girl Scout activities you can do from just about anywhere! Check out the activities below, and stay connected to the latest updates from GSOSW by visiting girlscoutsosw.org/COVID-19.
EARN A GIRL SCOUT BADGE!
Girl Scout badges can be completed any time, and often from just about anywhere! Consider the option of earning a badge or two on your own or virtually as a troop during this time. You can shop safely from the comfort of your home with free standard shipping on all Girl Scout orders, no minimum! Shop local with GSOSW by emailing your order to firstname.lastname@example.org, or shop online with GSUSA at girlscoutshop.com. If you are using Cookie Credit, you must place your order by email. Cookie Credit cannot be accepted online. Have a question or need support? Email us!
PATCH PROGRAMS AND MORE
Check out these Girl Scout patch programs, virtual tours and other activities below that you can do from home!
We also recommend checking out patch programs from many of our sister Girl Scout councils, including:
Scouts of Black Diamond
- Girl Scouts of Nation's Capital
- Girl Scouts of Green and White Mountains
- Girl Scouts of
Scout Activity Packet 1: Make ice cream, plant a seed,
plan a healthy menu, and make a grocery budget.
- Girl Scout Activity Packet 2: Make a butterfly mask, design a birdhouse, pack a first aid kit, and make a financial goal.
- Girl Scout Activity Packet 3: Explore gravity, make a bird bath, make a confidence bracelet, and practice comparison shopping.
- Girl Scout Activity Packet 4: Make butter, go on a scavenger hunt, and track your daily water intake.
- Girl Scout Actvitity Packet 5: Explore electricity, make a nature necklace, practice yoga, and dream up your own business.
- Girl Scout Activity Packet 1: Make ice cream, plant a seed, plan a healthy menu, and make a grocery budget.
Even more program opportunities will be posted soon! Have a great program resource suggestion? Let us know!
- NEW! OBSERVING AND INVESTIGATING THE MOON: Learn about the phases of the moon with our STEM Specialist Shannon Joseph! Model moon phases and prepare to observe the moon with two fun activities from the Daisy and Brownie Space Science badges. Download the "Modeling the Moon Phases" activity, and instructions for making your own Moon Journal.
- PI DAY: While Pi Day (March 14) has passed, the activities can be done any time! Have fun learning about the fascinating and important mathematical ratio Pi. Check out the Pi Day activity booklet.
- GIRLS GET STEM: Unleash your inner citizen scientist! Explore family STEM activities, check out educational videos and companion curriculum, and take a virtual field trip. Learn more and get started.
- OREGON DAIRY PATCH: All of the steps to complete this fun and educational program patch have at-home options. Learn where milk comes from, how it is processed, how dairy can play a role in our nutrition and what careers are possible in the wide world of dairy. Check out the Oregon Dairy Patch activity booklet!
- STEM MONTH CHALLENGE: Check out the STEM Month Challenge, beginning April 1! Learn more.
- NINE SUPER-EASY WAYS TO EXPLORE STEM: There are super-simple ways you can find “teachable moments” in your day-to-day life. Whether your girl is in grade school, middle school, or high school, she can have fun and learn about STEM at the same time—with your help! Get started.
- GREAT OUTDOORS CHALLENGE: Participate in the GSOSW Great Outdoors Challenge! Many of these activities can be done in your own home, backyard, or neighborhood. You don’t have to stick to just this month’s activities! Explore as many as you’d like. Be sure to track them in your nature journal!
- GIRL SCOUT RANGERS & THE 19TH AMENDMENT: The National Park Service and Girl Scouts of the USA are commemorating the centennial of the ratification of the 19th Amendment with a limited-edition commemorative patch, activity guide, and special awards. The Girl Scout Ranger 19th Amendment Patch Program will enhance Girl Scouts’ understanding of the significance of the 19th Amendment which removed the gender restriction to voting and granted many women the right to vote. Celebrate the advances that resulted from the suffrage movement and key historical figures who were involved.
- THE 10 ESSENTIALS OF HIKING AND CAMPING: Join GSOSW Outdoor Program Specialist Angie Madsen at Camp Arrowhead to learn about the Ten Essentials for hiking, camping and other ourdoor adventures! What do you need to be prepared in the outdoors? Watch this video to find out, then try it out yourself with this at-home activity.
- KNOTS: Learn and practice the 10 Essential Knots every Girl Scout should know!
- PREPARED, NOT SCARED: The Great Cascadia Zombie Survival Challenge - COVID-19 Edition. This program, developed by our sisters at Girl Scouts of Western Washington, was originally envisioned to help girls and their families be prepared for a natural disaster, namely an earthquake. Little did they know how valuable the skills and information would be during the COVID-19 health crisis. The program has been updated with information and activities relevant to today's global health challenge. Get started!