The National Park Service and Girl Scouts of the USA are commemorating the centennial of the ratification of the 19th Amendment with a limited-edition commemorative patch, activity guide, activity log, certificate and special awards. Here are some helpful tips and tools for making the most of this program with your Girl Scout!
- Learn more about the program on the National Parks Service website.
- Find tips for how to unlock your limited-edition ranger patch on the GSUSA blog.
- Grab your patch guide, and start tracking your progress in the log. Remember, not all NPS sites are called “National Parks.” There are different types of parks within the National Park System, including National Historic Sites, National Recreation Areas and other unit categories. Visit nps.org for a complete list of the 419 NPS sites.
- Keep safety top of mind. Together with GSUSA, we encourage all Girl Scouts to respect social distancing rules. Follow your state’s guidelines about stay-at-home measures and enjoying public nature spaces.
Once you've found a park you'd like to visit, be sure to follow these important steps:
- Check to see if the park is open. COVID-19 has caused some parks to experience full or partial closures. Visit nps.gov for park status and conditions.
- Contact the park you’d like to visit and ask if they offer the patch program and/or have patches to hand out on site. Individual National Park Service sites can “opt in” to the program, so they may or may not have patches on site and/or offer special programming related to the patch.
- No patch? Let us know! In cases where a park does not offer patches, email email@example.com when your girl has completed patch requirements. We’ll keep you posted as more info is available from NPS and Girl Scouts of the USA about patch distribution.
Have a question or need support with this program? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep your eyes and ears open for more opportunities to learn about and commemorate the ratification of the 19th Amendment with Girl Scouts this fall!