TAKE ACTION TODAY BY NOON PST!
In October we shared information about plans to debut a refreshed,
enhanced Girl Scout member account management system later this fall.
We're pleased to share that Girl Scouts is on track to launch the
refreshed system—called myAccount—in early December, and we want to
make sure that all member families and volunteers are ready!
Starting November 18 at 8:59 p.m. PST, many Girl Scout systems will be temporarily unavailable, including:
- My GS
- Membership renewals and new membership registration/s
- Background check completion and submission for processing
- Volunteer Toolkit (VTK)
- gsLearn (volunteer online training platform)
- Looker (service unit admin team reporting resource)
To prepare for this downtime and ensure a smooth transition, please complete the following steps by November 18, 2020, at noon:
- Renew any unrenewed members—learn more at girlscoutsosw.org/renew.
- Log in to your My GS account and review the email addresses for your household. If the parents/caregivers in your household are currently using the same email address, please provide a new email address for the secondary caregiver. In the new system, each parent/caregiver must have a unique email address to identify them.
- TROOP LEADERS: Download any information you may need from the Volunteer Toolkit (VTK), such as meeting aids or resources, troop rosters, shopping lists, etc.
In the coming weeks, we will continue to share information and
updates with members and volunteers on a regular basis. Please watch
your email inbox for these important reminders in future
communications. We also encourage you to check
out the “go-live” timeline, which shows important timeframes for
Thank you for your patience while we work to enhance your Girl Scout member experience. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. We’re here to help!