Celebrate outdoor adventure during Girl Scouts Love State Parks Weekend, September 11-12, 2021! Choose from a handful of in-person events at Oregon State Parks, or design your own park adventure. Explore nature, learn a new skill and visit a special place as Girl Scouts across the country practice environmental stewardship and enjoy our public lands. However you choose to participate in this annual event, you’ll earn the special 2021 patch, available for purchase online!
Oregon State Parks will offer a handful of in-person events this year. Registration for these events has been extended to September 6, 2021. Space is limited, so sign up today!
- Let's Go Disc Golfing at Fort Stevens State Park - 9/11
- Fort Stevens History Hike at Fort Stevens State Park - 9/12
- Gardening Girl Scouts at Shore Acres State Park - 9/11
- Walk Through History & Afternoon Tea at Golden State Heritage Site - 9/11
- Old Fashioned Fall at the Cove Palisades State Park - 9/11
- Yoga in the Park at LaPine State Park - 9/11
- Going Back in Time: Revealing Chinese Culture in John Day at Kam Wah Chung State Heritage Site - 9/11
- Reach for the Gold at Sumpter Valley Dredge - 9/12
- Orienteering at Wallowa Lake State Park - 9/11 Morning
- Orienteering at Wallowa Lake State Park - 9/11 Afternoon
Check out this Girl Scouts Love State Parks Weekend map to see events by geography! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about these events.
Other Ways to Participate
- Won’t make it to a scheduled event? You can always design your own Girl Scouts Love State Parks Weekend experience by visiting any park near you. Discover an Oregon or Washington park near you!
- Remember, you can visit state parks all year. Check out the Girl Scouts State Parks Passport to choose your own adventure as you work towards a patch!
- GSUSA also has a Passport activity just for 2021.
- Want a challenge? There’s still time to complete the Girl Scouts Love the Outdoors Challenge. Complete activities by the end of Girl Scouts Love State Parks Weekend to unlock the challenge patch! Use #gsoutdoors to share your experience on social media.
- The Leave No Trace principles are essential to all Girl Scout outdoor experiences! Check out these activities created for Girl Scouts Love State Parks Weekend and practice environmental stewardship by completing an activity before, during, or after the weekend.
- Pledge to pick up litter from a park as a part of #PickUpAmerica! Girl Scouts and their families can pledge to pick up trash as a way to give back during Girl Scouts Love State Parks Weekend.