Gear up for Girl Scout Week 2021! GSOSW is so excited to celebrate all things Girl Scouting this year with a different theme each day. Explore themes below for inspiration on how to show your Girl Scout pride and celebrate what Girl Scouts means to you.
SUNDAY, MARCH 7
Girl Scouts Celebrate Faith, Girl Scout Sunday
Girl Scouts has a longstanding tradition of celebrating with faith communities during Girl Scout Week! Girl Scouts Celebrate Faith events help to recognize girls as Girl Scouts at their house of worship, thank faith partners for their support throughout the year, and honor adult volunteers. Girl Scouts Celebrate Faith can be celebrated with any faith partner. 2021 celebration dates include:
- Girl Scout Sunday – Sunday March 7, 2021
- Girl Scout Jummah – Friday March 12, 2021
- Girl Scout Sabbath/Shabbat – Friday March 12/Saturday March 13, 2021
Girl Scouts Celebrate Faith can include participation in worship service, pre-and post-worship events, and service projects!
MONDAY, MARCH 8
Make New Friends
What is more fun than sharing your love of Girl Scouts with someone close to you! On Make New Friends Monday, share your favorite part of being a Girl Scout with a friend who may not yet be a member. Girl Scouts can invite a friend to one of the following events below, so they can try it out for themselves!
- Animal Dance Party for Daisies and Brownies (Grades 2-3)
Monday March 8, 2021 @ 5 p.m.
- Daisy Promise Center Party for
Daisies (Grades K-1)
Monday March 8, 2021 @ 5 p.m.
TUESDAY, MARCH 9
Girl Scouts know how to give back to their communities, and make the world a better place by taking action! Celebrate Girl Scouts by:
- Working on a Take Action or Highest Awards project. Ready to dive into becoming a Bronze, Silver or Gold Award Girl Scout? Check out these resources to help get you started!
- Engaging in a National Service project. GSUSA has a list of national service projects you can participate in on your own, or with your troop! Check out this list of ongoing service projects available to Girl Scouts around the country.
- Earning a Girl Scout Citizen or Girl Scout Democracy badge. Girl Scouts offers a handful of amazing badges that focus all around civic engagement. Get inspired on how you can be civically active in your community and practice your leadership skills today so you can become a leader of tomorrow! Receive these badges for FREE when you earn them through September 2021!
- Completing the Girl Scout Leadership Challenge patch program. Check out the Girl Scout Leadership Challenge today and learn all about different ways you can show up as a civically engaged citizen within your community. Complete two different challenges to earn your Civic Leadership Challenge patch!
- Completing a birthday themed service project. Girl Scouts can support their local community in celebrating Girl Scout Birthday by giving back at their local foodbank with this birthday themed service project that can be completed at a girl, troop or service unit level. Watch our social media channels during Girl Scout Week for ideas on how to participate!
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10
Celebrate Girl Scouts in the Great Outdoors! Getting outside is such an important piece of the Girl Scout experience. What is your favorite way to get outdoors? Here are some ideas to get you inspired to spend some time outside:
- Get started on your Girl Scouts Run the World patch! This new program from GSOSW will help you choose an active adventure, set a goal, practice positive self-talk and feel strong in your body. Plus, you’ll find a way to give back to the community as you reach your goal. This patch program will be available in the beginning of March 2021!
- Go for a walk or a hike! Use the GSOSW Hike Selection Guide to figure out what type of hike you'd like to try.
- Create a nature scavenger hunt and search your neighborhood with a buddy to find everything on the list.
- Read an interview with a professional outdoorswoman in the Outdoor Career Exploration patch program.
- Plant a seed or start a garden! In a few months, what you plant might fully bloom.
THURSDAY, MARCH 11
What is your favorite Girl Scout memory? Girl Scout Week is a great time to reflect back on all of the things you have accomplished so far as a Girl Scout, and all of the amazing friends you have made along the way! Share your favorite Girl Scout memory on social media and tag Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington, so we can see all of the fun and inspiring ways that Girl Scouts have connected throughout the years! Make sure to use #GirlScoutWeek2021 #GirlScoutThrowback when posting.
FRIDAY, MARCH 12
Girl Scout Spirit Day, Girl Scout Jummah, Girl Scout Sabbath/Shabbat
Show off your Girl Scout pride all day long in your community by wearing your Girl Scout uniform, a favorite Girl Scout t-shirt, or maybe rock some Girl Scout green! Looking for something new to wear to represent your Girl Scout pride? Check out the Girl Scout Shop online for new stylish options!
Girl Scout Jummah and Girl Scout Sabbath/Shabbat are part of Girl Scouts Celebrate Faith. Learn more on how to participate!
SATURDAY, MARCH 13
Girl Scout Leadership Day, Girl Scout Sabbath/Shabbat
Join GSOSW for Leaders of Today and Tomorrow: A Live Virtual Panel Discussion. Discuss many different leadership topics with female leaders to learn all about how you can stay civically active in your community and become a leader of tomorrow. This event will cap off Girl Scout Week 2021! Register today at girlscoutsosw.org.
Tune into GSOSW social media pages throughout the week for more information and inspiration for each theme, and updates on patches and prizes for Girl Scouts who participate!
Girl Scout Sabbath/Shabbat is part of Girl Scouts Celebrate Faith. Learn more on how to participate!