Every year, Girl Scouts explore the natural wonders found across our country during the Girl Scouts Love State Parks weekend. Girl Scouts nationwide, along with their friends and families, celebrate our shared love of the outdoors.
Girl Scouts Love State Parks weekend is September 10 and 11,
Grab your backpack and head out to your local state parks for self-guided tours, family hikes, watersports, stargazing, special events, and more!
Oregon State Parks will offer 11 in-person events this year. Registration for these events closes on September 5, 2022. Space is limited, so sign up today!
Saturday, September 10
- Deschutes River Nature Hike at Tumalo State Park - 9/10
- Ranger Guided Beach Walk at Cape Lookout State Park - 9/10
- Waterfall Scavenger Hunt Hike at Guy W. Talbot State Park - 9/10
- Ranger Guided Hike at LL Stubb Stewart State Park - 9/10
- Native Plant Hike at Valley of the Rogue State Park- 9/10
- Guided Hike at Prineville Reservoir State Park- 9/10
- Starry Night Sky Viewing at Prineville Reservoir State Park- 9/10
Sunday, September 11
- Bike with a Ranger at LL Stub Stewart State Park - 9/11
- Gardening and Scavenger Hunt at Shore Acres State Park - 9/11
- Scavenger Hunt and Nature Art Hike at Prineville Reservoir State Park- 9/11
- Walk through History at Fort Stevens - 9/11
Check out this Girl Scouts Love State Parks Weekend map to see events by geography!
Other Ways to Participate
- Won’t make it to a scheduled event? You can always design your own Girl Scouts Love State Parks weekend experience by visiting any park near you. Discover an Oregon or Washington park near you!
- Remember, you can visit state parks all year. Check out our council's Girl Scouts State Parks Passport to choose your own adventure as you work towards a patch! Girl Scouts of the USA also has a Passport activity just for 2022.
- Want a challenge? There’s still time to complete the Girl Scouts Love the Outdoors Challenge. Complete activities by the end of Girl Scouts Love State Parks weekend to unlock the challenge patch! Use #gsoutdoors to share your experience on social media.
- The Leave No Trace principles are essential to all Girl Scout outdoor experiences! Check out these activities created for Girl Scouts Love State Parks weekend and practice environmental stewardship by completing an activity before, during, or after the weekend.
- Pledge to pick up litter from a park as a part of #PickUpAmerica! Girl Scouts and their families can pledge to pick up trash as a way to give back during Girl Scouts Love State Parks weekend.